Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Election, Atelier Maitre Albert & Roger Waters

It's done ... the Nicolas Sarkozy era has begun in France. It was a close election and, just like in so many countries around the world, the voters were divided almost in half. The vote was approximately 53% for Sarkozy to 47% for Segolene Royal. I hope that the changes Sarkozy has talked about implementing here doesn't cause a total shut down of France. I suspect there will be some pain in the months to come.



This was a pretty slow week. Had the privilege of photographing Roger Waters of Pink Floyd in concert. He was outstanding and put on a great show.

One of the highlights was a giant, inflated pig that floated over the crowd with social and political commentary graffitied on it: "Stop Bush Now", "What an asshole Dick Cheney", "Habeus Corpus matters", "religion divides", etc.

(This is not my image; I borrowed it from another photographer)

You can see some of my images from the concert here:

Roger Waters in Concert


Went for a special occasion dining experience at one of 3-star Michelin chef Guy Savoy's lower level restaurants, just across from my apartment. The food was tasty and the place had good ambience but was a bit more basic than I expected. The restaurant is called Atelier Maitre Albert and is usually filled with many visiting Americans.


And now a couple of photos from the week ...


A flashing sign that gives passers-by the most updated price of fois gras


A small store built into the side of a stone church

Inside joke

1 comment:

Steve P said...

Hey uncle Don, I absolutely love the Blog, I look forward to reading it weekely from the dulldroms of my corporate office.
Your doing it Right, Keep on Keeping on...

PS I was in China last week on Business, now that was an interesting place, look forward to telling you more.

Steve P.