Sunday, August 12, 2007

Tour de France, Bretagne and Tov

After my ranting and raving in my last blog entry, this week will be more tame, reflecting the tameness of Paris in the middle of August. Getting caught up on the news here, the Tour de Drugs/France arrived in Paris 2 weeks ago.

The finish lacked the excitement of past Tours, and personally, my favorite story of the Tour was the fact that due to poor crowd organization (how strange?), the wife of Tour winner Alberto Contador was unable to get to her husband and missed seeing him accept the trophy at the winner’s ceremony.

I spent a few days in and around Saint Malo, a town about 250 miles from Paris on the Brittany (Bretagne) coast just below the Channel Islands. Other than getting a speeding ticket for going 7 miles per hour over the speed limit while I was the slowest car on the highway, the highlight was a very dramatic sunset, evidently not so uncommon there.


And finally, and old friend came back into my life. I got to take care of a tiny toy Yorkshire terrier named Tov.


Tov and I have a history together - we have been all over France together, whizzing around the South and the North of France in our Smart Car on vacation in 2002 and 2003. Tov’s owner would travel a lot and left the dog with me frequently a few years ago and we had a ball together (at least I did!). Well he’s back this week so I dug up a few old photos from his last visit.
A few photos of the week ...

Cat Roar

Harp Player in Dinan

Diners Watching Sunset in St Malo

Mayor of Paris ... Smoking

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, we had just an outstanding time in Paris, and Thank you so much. I hope to see the 'dreaded' automatic toilet/jail photos. Jeff

Anonymous said...

The harp player is really strong! ;-) And...what a sunset...Aaah...vive la France!;-)
Manuella